Virgin Atlantic offer free COVID-19 insurance
August 25, 2020
Virgin Atlantic are offering special cover included in their ticket price in an attempt to increase the travelling publics confidence in making future travel plans.
For any flight or holiday booked using a Virgin Atlantic ticket, departing up until March 31st 2021, passengers will get cover for:
- Up to £500,000 necessary and emergency medical expenses incurred due to Coronavirus affecting them or their travel companions.
- Repatriation due to Coronavirus, should it be medically necessary.
- Denied Boarding/Quarantine – Virgin Atlantic will cover many necessary additional costs should your customer or their travelling companion be denied boarding or individually requested to quarantine in their destination due to Coronavirus, including personal accommodation, transport charges, refreshments, booking amendment fees and other travel expenses incurred.
- Cover for their whole trip, with no upper limit on the length of their time away.
- Cover for all passengers with no restrictions on age, travel class or length of journey
- There is no excess payable with this policy (unlike other traditional travel insurance policies).
Terms and Conditions apply.
Whether or not customers’ travel insurance covers them for Coronavirus, the Virgin Atlantic policy is an extension to their travel insurance, making sure they can book their adventure or business trip with confidence. It’s Virgin Atlantic's way of making sure customers can focus on themselves and their loved ones, instead of worrying about the details. Everyone should fly safe and fly well with, so the new Coronavirus cover applies to every existing booking, as well as new bookings made for departures up until March 31st 2021.